Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Powerful Prayer of Perception

Aloha Gods and Goddesses of this world, Blessings to you all!


So many insights, so many experiences, so many shifts and growths and stucks and stubbornesses and gratitutes and blessings and loves and not-much-love-at-alls and…and…and!!!


So, where to begin on this adventure of sharing, and after all, sharing is caring


The Powerful Prayer of Perception – this is a most wonderful place to begin, by sharing some magic, some powerful prayer magic that helps to make significant shift in my world every time I surrender to it.


This prayer was in Marianne Williamson’s book, A Return to Love, based on a Course in Miracles, I’ve tweaked it a bit to better suit my less Christian based spirituality, and it works, time and again.


Our worlds are powerful reflections of our perception. What we perceive inside ourselves is what we see in our world – and the other way around – what we see in our world is a mirror of our perceptions.


This prayer helps us to shift perceptions that no longer serve, and to open ourselves up to perceptions that serve our highest good.


Here’s a simple example of when I would use the prayer: I could find myself getting really irritated with a work colleague because our personalities and communication styles are so different – you know when, once you’ve noticed an aspect of someone that really rubs you up the wrong way, that aspect gets louder and louder and more and more irritating? And certainly for myself, I can become quite self-righteous about how my approach is so right and their approach is so aggressive / selfish / mean / over bearing / bullying (you get the picture). At this point, when I stop long enough to notice that I don’t feel good inside, enter the Powerful Prayer of Perception – da da da daaaa!


Dearest Highest Self,


I can see that my current perception of (PERSON / SITUATION) does not serve my highest good; I can see that because I feel … (LIST ALL THE YUK FEELINGS THAT ARE TRIGGERED INSIDE). I am willing to change my current perception to one that best serves highest good. I hand this over to you and ask for a miracle without condition.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you


Simple enough? And so powerful.


Here’s a run down of how it works:


Dearest Highest Self,


The original prayer speaks to the Holy Spirit, choose whichever higher aspect of yourself that feels best for you.


I can see that my current perception of (PERSON) does not serve my highest good;


Take ownership of the perception, rather than pointing, judging and blaming.


I can see that, because I feel … (LIST ALL THE YUK FEELINGS THAT ARE TRIGGERED INSIDE).


When we feel good inside (joyful, calm, happy, loving, trusting etc.) we know that we’re aligned with highest good, when we notice that we feel ‘bad / sad / mad’ inside we are misaligned and so holding ourselves back.


I am willing to change my current perception…


Being willing to change is MASSIVE. It means surrendering our sense of self righteousness; it means that we are open to allowing shift. Sometimes I allow myself to ‘stew’ in self righteous anger for a day or two before I’m ready to surrender my ego stance.


to one that best serves highest good.


No need to control or determine any outcome other than it should serve highest good, no need to say, ‘help me love her as she is’ or ‘help me to accept them, despite their very angry temper’ or ‘please make them move to another city so I never have to deal with them again ’. Simply to surrender to highest good outcome, whatever that is, you’ll know that it best serves highest good.


I hand this over to you and ask for a miracle without condition.


No miracle is big or small, they’re all just miracles. Don’t feel bad that you’re wasting a miracle on your insignificant perception or circumstance. Miracles are here for all of us, they’re one of the tools for survival and evolution on our planet.


Our higher selves are so keen to assist us, to hold our hands and bless us with miracles in all aspects of our life, we simply have to be willing to receive them.


Thank you, Thank you, Thank you


And always gratitude, Lazaris says that Gratitude is the magical ingredient that turns the mundane into the miraculous. Feel the gratitude from your heart, feel how wonderful it feels for this bug bear to be shifted from your life, gently celebrate the gift of handing this over and receiving peace in it’s place. YAY!


Wonderful Beings, give it a try, let me know how it helps you to shift forward.


LOVE TO YOU ALL, ALWAYS.
Mystic Goddessa.

7 comments:

Haroun said...

Hi Gilda,

Well done on a wonderful blog and a beautiful message. Thanks for the prayer, I'll use it to create more balance in my life.

Long may you blog and share your wisdom.

Love
Haroun

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful Gilda

Thank you for the inspiring messages, as always. Makes a big difference in one's life. I tend to forget to be grateful, thanks for reminding me to remember.

Keep shining.

Lots of love
Shameema

Anonymous said...

Hi Gilda

So glad that you have this. Have this site as one of my favourite links so you will be hearing from me often.. Much love to you and the boys... This is going to be very informative.

Love
Zainab

Anonymous said...

Hello my beautiful friend!!

Very well done on an awesome start to your very 1st BLOG, to what I know will become a Blog very well visited especially with your very adventurous life. A perfect start to the book you have been threatning to write for a while now.
With loads of love and light and wonderful wonderful insiteful messages.

Love
Zai

Anonymous said...

hey gilda,

nice one!

i've also just started blogging - i think it's an excellent way of keeeping in touch.

all the best,

flo

circadia667 said...

please keep sharing - the little bit already is beautiful.
we need more of this currently in the world.
thank you!

margaret@asendletrust said...

Hi Gilda,

I used your blog ‘prayer’ for two very sensitive unpleasant situations…. And both have been resolved in an extraordinary and miraculous way.

Please keep this going... we need to remember that miracles are within our grasp... we have merely to reach out and believe.

Btw I am praying for a miracle... as I go about setting up Asendle Trust (of the wild in Xhosa) to raise funds to support the work of courageous people like Karin Saks of Imfene and others, who give so much of themselves to raise consciousness and implement solutions for coexistence between humans and (labelled) problem animals), esp baboons... who don't seem to be on anyone's favourites list.
xxx
margaret@asendletrust.org